If you are a twist-out fan like myself and don’t have time for a full mid-week overhaul, here’s a quick and easy routine that gave me a super soft, shiny, and defined twist-out.
- Co-wash with your favorite conditioner mixed with your favorite oil
- Condition again to remove some of the oil
- Seal with oil and twist hair into large sections and let your hair relax and air dry a bit. (I ended up forgetting about my hair because I was watching Scandal! 😀 )
- Section hair and smooth on your choice of styler/butter. I used Anita Grant’s Virgin Mango Butter Coconut Whip – a little goes a LONG way.
- Twist hair (I used mid-size individual twists – about 12 twists)
- Because my hair is prone to shrinkage (75%) I stretch my hair by pinning up the twists
- Cover with a silk scarf
- When dry, untwist and separate for a soft and defined twist out
In total, this routine took me 25 minutes (not including the time I spent indulged with Scandal) and I rocked this twist out for 3 days! That’s a pretty good return on investment.
If you have low porosity hair that is prone to build-up – be aware that regular co-washing may create additional buildup and lead to dull hair.